Saturday, August 17, 2013

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Now, I've been writing this review for over two weeks now, having erased tons of my work I figure i might as well just put out what I can. Reviewing has been the hardest thing for me (I believe myself to be a proficient writer), even though all of these songs are ingrained in my head putting those emotions down onto paper for others in a comprehensible manner is really stressing me out. Im just going to have to cut back, develop my critical listening / reviewing skills over time to create more in depth reviews that convey more of my own feelings.

My favorite albums all seem to share a sense of adventure and a elusive journey, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath embodies that feeling with full force, from the begging all the way to the end. Every song seems to grab your attention in its own unique way and grows on you like Sabbath songs tend to do. I've always viewed this album as a progression of Sabbath to more sophisticated levels while sticking to their roots musically and subject matter. While that Sabbath feel is there, the first thing that will throw you off a bit is the album cover, a bit more abstract and unconventional for Black Sabbath, there's so many neat melodies thrown in throughout the album on top of the fat riffs we all love. The more I listen to this album i realize how incredibly varied it is, especially Spiral Architect what a wonderful song with brilliant lyrics, one of the most memorable riffs and a beautiful backing by violin. Ozzy's vocals arnt all so depressing, but instead match the 'hopeful' lyrics focusing on living life for yourself and learning about the world. Hopefully I can really get critical with this album one day, I should probably throw it on the player again, You know that I should, you know that I should.



No comments:

Post a Comment